All meeting participants are invited to join us for our 2020 UCSC Genome Browser Workshop, hosted Wednesday, January 29th 9:00 AM – noon. The workshop will be held in the EMU Cedar and Spruce rooms (231 + 232) on the University of Oregon campus. Please register as workshop spots are limited. Coffee and light refreshments will be provided. There is no cost to attend this workshop.
Participants will learn:
- Data formats and Genome Browser utilities – Introduction to common Genome Browser formats and kent utilities
- Accessing the Genome Browser programmatically – Learn how to query data directly using our downloads server, public MySQL server, and new REST API
- Track hubs – Learn how to build track hubs, allowing you to remotely display your data in the Genome Browser and build your own tracks
- Assembly hubs – Learn how to build assembly hubs, allowing you to add your own genomes for visualization in the Genome Browser
- Introduction to the Genome Browser display – How to maneuver the track visibilities, display settings, track searching, and other common features